Thursday, June 4, 2015

Dangerous People

Yesterday I did something, according to others was stupid, but I did it regardless. I decided it was time for one of the poisonous people in life to be gone. I did the whole 9-yards, un-added on every platform available, and phone number deleted. And as I did this I asked myself if it was a good idea, and my justification was yes. Yes, it is okay to cut people out of your life that no longer make you happy. Yes, it is okay to save your memories with them, but if you know the happiness you once felt with them has fleeted, and will not return, why on earth would you keep that around?

I don't want to be lectured about what I've done. I'm finally proud of myself for taking charge of my friendships, and cutting out the people who only take from my happiness and not add to it.

If you have a relationship that you're tempted to go back to that you know will not be healthy, DELETE THEIR NUMBER! UN-ADD THEM ON FACEBOOK/INSTAGRAM/ETC!

If they never make you happy, why should they get to be around you?

Thanks for letting me rant, and have a good day!

Olivia

Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. dang. this post, pretty much sums up what I'm feeling. Lately I have been having a lot of trouble with one of my friends. And I don't know if I should end the relationship, or deal with the negatives. This friend of mine had lots of positives; they're supportive, funny, and we share the same interests. Though, lately I have noticed we have been having a lot of issues. Trust issues. Jokes that make me feel uncomfortable. Joking, when it's a serious moment. Unpredictable. I don't know if I should say goodbye to this friendship, or if I should live with the negatives. It's a really hard call to make. How do you know if you should end the friendship? When do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I completely understand everything that you are saying in this. When I moved here, I finally cut off a horrible friendship. He never respected me, and went out of his way to hurt me in anyway that he could think of. After I blocked him, he tried basically stalking me and it was hard to see how I ever saw him as a friend. I got a lot of hate by doing it, so it is nice to see someone else who did the same thing. Did you receive some hate by doing what you did?

    ReplyDelete