Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Music

You know that feeling when it feels like whatever song is playing crawls into your mind and camps out? It just inhabits the fresh vacancy of your mind and deeply dissembled feelings that you have shoved away and prayed will just disappear. I live for the moments when simple words can move you to tears and make those emotions flood back faster then you ever thought possible. I mean I can probably name off like 5 songs that can move me like that!

Sometimes, you just need to have those songs that make you feel that way, and if you don't please get on YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, or whatever it is that you use to find music; because even if you don't care for music, there has to be at least one song somewhere that can relate to however you feel right this very second.

Personally, I found my music when I was in about 2nd grade, listening to my moms old iPod nano, filled with on-hit-wonders of the 90's.I will never be able to thank her enough because, for every time I would sit there and let the melodies from the now-ancient device, my young mind would sit there and let my innocence filter out any un--savory content from the raunchy pop songs, I would slowly be falling in love with music itself.

Flash forward 9-ish years, I'm sitting here spilling out my messy emotions into lyrical patters, some call poetry, but to me poetry is that of a song that hasn't found it's melody yet. Regardless, music is the core of all the creative passion I feel in my life!

So I guess you could say one-hit-wonders of the 90's have thoroughly inspired me to do something as bold as to start a blog, where I can spill my emotions out to all of you via a screen and share some sense of relation amongst all of us crazy enough to take note of our emotions and confront them, either it be in your mind, on paper, or by means of a screen. I just want to say, I'm proud of you for confronting the lack of vacancy in your ever so dissembled thoughts.




Honestly, I am so thankful that I feel so passionately about something where it can move someone to tears, with only words. Sorry this post isn't anything fancy-dance-y, but this is me, and it hopefully is one of my better thoughts.

Olivia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment