Sunday, November 15, 2015

Late Night Poetry pt3

Hey so even though it isn't "late-night" as I'm posting this, I did happen to write this at night. 


Regardless this was some stored away poetry I wrote a little bit ago but was afraid to put out into the world. If you have been reading my blog for longer than a month then you will understand my hesitating on an emotional piece like the one below.

If you are new to this weird emotionally charged blog then I'll fill you in on what has been the past...

So basically the gist of it is, some people who read my blog, were um... less than pleased at what I had to say... but I did keep the post up, and I did send out an apology to hopefully soothe things over.

My point in the story was if you know me, please don't send your self into a tizzy over the words I have created, because like most humans, I feel emotion and this is my way of expressing some of my emotional turmoil.

Along those lines, please don't start playing the guessing game as to who this is about because A) I will not tell you. B) Please respect my request to keep this anonymous.

And with that intro out of the way... here is what I wrote:


Stop.
Stop making me feel unworthy of your presence;
You are not holy.
Stop the endless whining;
Life is not perfect.
Stop your discontent for the world;
Open your eyes and see there is more than the dark side.


For each time I thought this, I wonder if I am a hypocrite for thinking so;
My response is yes, I am.


I need not think of myself as any better than the next;
We are all the same on the inside.
I need to think before I speak;
Only letting encouraging words out.
I need to see life for the beauty it beholds;
Letting the optimist out from time to time.

Suppose we’re not so different you and I;
That is just what I needed to hear to change myself.







I hope you have a wonderful day, 
Olivia
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Also if you're going to ask about the font change, I have no clue why it didn't/ won't take to New Times Roman....

    ReplyDelete

  2. Good poem. But the font changed. Other than that although I have the slightest idea who the antecedent is and I would not wish to exert an unwanted force as I was warned not to it seems to still allow for the interpretation from the outside. I could apply to any person who matches the similar characteristics or in your case pressure as your one in mind does. I enjoyed the resolution and I agree the optimism is necessary to push through a hard time. No glass half empty person has ever been elite only pretty good. Some might think that pretty good passes off you do pretty good on a test, you write a pretty good paper, you go to pretty good college, and you get a pretty good job. Human instinct will make a futile attempt to stop the pretty gooders but who likes the hard route? Deep down we all strive for elite; president or governor? Section leader or drum major? Optimism is the only way to be elite. Confidence is key and with optimism comes change. So suppose we’re not so different you and I but that is all you need to hear to change yourself.

    ReplyDelete